A Case of Fire Safety in the Philippines
If you are a fan of the television series 24, you may have heard of the Smok Novo 2. The show is approximately a group of Russian terrorists that were given a present of a robust semi-automatic rifle. The group was presented with instructions on how to make the gun work. Well, in this case the group had to put it to good use! Here is what happened.
The initial thing that happened was whenever a waiter asked them for their money. They all except one group member had no money, so he asked him if he could go and obtain some money for them. The group laughed at him and told him they would have their money taken care of later. Then a Puff Bar loud noise was heard and smoke started to fill the air.
A guard saw the smoke and quickly came up with security guards. Among the guards used his power to switch off the Smok Novo 2 machine and called in all of those other team. He activated the self-defense system and then the group could see that there was smoke all over the place. One at a time they tried to open the doors but to no avail.
The other of the terrorists ran towards them. He opened the Smok Novo 2 machine and began shooting. Another terrorists tried to shoot him aswell but to no avail. The other of the guards took aim at the terrorist who had fired the Smok Novo 2 machine. The terrorist who was simply hit in the leg by one of the bullets passed away and the others ran away.
One of many security guards took one of the bodies and dragged him to a waiting ambulance. The ambulance took off without further delay. The ambulance arrived at the hospital within minutes. The doctors and the nurses examined the man and determined that he had no bullet wounds. His wounds were superficial.
Following a thorough checkup, it was discovered that the man had died because of smoke inhalation. It was found that he previously lit a cigarette and have been playing with fire. Apparently, he had set his Smok Novo 2 machine on fire. There have been no major injuries to his body. However the fire got control of him and the police were alerted.
The CCTV cameras captured the entire incident on tape. The complete team and the security guard who happened to be in the area at the time of the explosion saw the complete incident. It was an excellent lesson for the guards to be on their toes and incredibly careful when handling suspicious individuals or inflammable materials. This is also true in the event of Smok Novo 2 as one has to ensure that there are no flammable material nearby in order to avoid mishaps such as this.
The CCTV images show a person, who had an extended beard and was in his early twenties, putting the Smok Novo 2 machine burning. The man who was doing this had no previous experience with welding. One security guard was standing in front of the machine and warned another one not to touch the equipment. The man did so and the guard immediately called the fire department. The team attained the scene a short time after and removed the device.
The person who was simply welding on the Smok Novo 2 had tried to escape but eventually ended up falling from the burning machine. One of the firemen who arrived was able to grab the person and transfer him to the back of an ambulance. The ambulance arrived at the scene just with time to attend to the person. The fire department arrived a couple of minutes after and took the person set for emergency care. An ambulance was called and the fire department left as the firemen dealt with the fire at the Smok Novo plant.
A search of the entire plant was done by the fire department as well as the police. They found no signs of any fire and all the employees and machines were accounted for. One of many managers of the plant was questioned by the authorities and his testimony was also cross checked by the fire department. The investigator who looked at the video tapes deducted that the reason for the fire was because of negligence and lack of focus on safety.
The manager of the plant was charged with 3 counts of negligence and one count of dangerous working conditions. He faces a maximum fine of one million dollars and could face jail time if convicted. You can find more charges pending against him as well. It is unknown if he’s got already taken a plea bargain. Around this writing, you may still find no other employees in the plant currently facing serious charges for negligence or fire hazards.